google Ads

Sachin will always be my favourite - Sania

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I think a husband is different to my favorite cricketer, Sachin is my favourite cricketer and will always be," India's tennis ace told NDTV's Barkha Dutt in an exclusive interview.

Her decision to marry a Pakistani cricketer has created quite a stir. Some even hope the coming together of two sporting icons of India and Pakistan will improve ties between two nations. Others wonder why Sania couldn't find an Indian match for her.

The 23-year-old says the two young sportsmen "didn't really think whether we are going to make a political change or anything". "I mean today I am as much an Indian as I was yesterday even before I took the decision to marry Shoaib and he is also as much Pakistani as he was yesterday...I am going to keep playing for India, India is my country and it will always remain so".




She also makes clear that when India and Pakistan play, "Of course I will, I will always support India no matter what especially if Sachin is playing, I will support Sachin."

She does add, "I am sure Shoaib will have a fight with me after this interview but still..."

0 comments:

blogarama - the blog directory On our way to 1,000,000 rss feeds - millionrss.com

About This Blog

Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory
http://feeds.5z5.com/?2b2cc559f14c5d04

Lorem Ipsum

{literal}
    Logo