google Ads

Miss World 2009 indian Contestants Pooja CHOPRA BIOGRAPHY

Saturday, December 12, 2009


Name : Pooja CHOPRA
Age : 24
Height : 173
Languages : Hindi, English, Bengali & Marathi
BIOGRAPHY
Pooja recently graduated from university with a degree in commerce, advertising and marketing. Her pastimes include learning to ballroom dance, playing badminton and skating. Her special talent is acting and her dream job would be to become an actress in the Indian cinema world. Pooja’s personal motto is “Never let failure get to your heart or success to your head”.
INTERVIEW
Tell us about your job/studies
At the moment I am modelling for ramp and print media nationally and internationally. I have completed my bachelors degree in commerce, marketing and and advertising from university with a distinction.
How are you preparing for Miss World in South Africa?
The preparation for Miss World is different than it was for the Miss India pageant. As I am aware that I would be with 120 most beautiful girls I am working hard , besides working out, talent preparation, getting my wardrobe in place . I have also started yoga and meditation so as to keep myself calm and relaxed. I am also making a conscious effort to learn more about different countries and their culture so I become aware of my 120 friends own countries as I am eager to tell them all about my own country.
What's your daily routine?
For me no two days are alike. The days I am not busy with appearances to make in the capacity of Miss India, my day usually starts with physical training, I then meet the designers who are helping me put my wardrobe together for the Miss World pageant. By evening I practice for my dance that I would be performing for the fastrack talent event with the help of my dance instructor. My day usually ends early with some research, meditation and time with my family.
How do you feel about travelling to South Africa?
I have always loved to travel and explore new places, experiencing new cultures and meeting new people is something that I have always loved. I am very excited about travelling to South Africa as I’ve never visited the country before and have read about its beauty, hence I am really looking forward to it. I would be visiting the best places of South Africa with the help of Miss World organisation and am sure it would be a life time experience.
Which elements of Miss World are you most looking forward to?
I am looking forward to travelling and exploring the beautiful country of South Africa and meeting 120 beauties from around the world, and bonding with them. Learning about their diverse cultures and making some good friends that would last me a life time. I am very exited about being a part of the prestigious Miss World pageant, which is an honour to me.
Do you have a message to the other Miss World contestants?
I would like to tell my fellow contestants that although we are competitors for the duration of Miss World, we should look at the bigger picture. We are all ambassadors of our respective countries and are here for a greater purpose which is to promote peace, love, friendship and goodwill amongst our countries. We should make the most of our time there enjoy ourselves and bond.
What do you think are you qualities that youwill bring to the competition?
I am a warm, caring and compassionate young heart I hope to bring more love and goodwill amongst the contestants.
What individual talents will seperate you from the other contestants?
I am good at ballroom dancing, and play badminton and skate. However, my most distinguishing talent is my acting skills. I have done theater at school and college level, and my long term goal is to pursue a career in acting.
What would it mean to you to do well at Miss World?
Doing well at this coveted competition would give me the satisfaction of making my country proud, and an immense personal sense of achievement. It would also provide me a global platform for making my voice heard, and an opportunity to be the change I want to see in the world. I would cherish such a wonderful responsibility, and hope that I can make a difference if and when it is bestowed upon me.
What is your favourite landmark?
My favorite landmark is the beautiful Taj Mahal, which embodies eternal love. The Taj Mahal has always been considered one of the seven wonders of the world and is a symbol of Indian pride. The astonishing architecture surprises me and fills my heart with joy and tranquility. It is a symbol of love.
What is the one thing you cannot live without?
One thing I cannot live without is my family. It is because of their support and wishes that I am where I am today. My sole motivating factor is the smile on their face which gives me a great sense of satisfaction and achievement.
Who do you most admire?
The person I most admire is Mahatma Gandhi the man whose legacy every Indian lives. His ideology of non-violence and universal brotherhood have relevance even today.
Who has inspired you most in your life?
It has undoubtedly been my mother who has had the strongest impression on me. She has brought up my sister and me single-handedly with a great deal of sacrifice, love and dignity .In my growing up years I saw her struggle, go through ups and downs of life all by herself. She tried to give the two of us the best, sacrificing even the basics for her own self. A strong willed, sacrificing and simple woman is what I’ve known her to be. My only inspiration, my true hero.

0 comments:

blogarama - the blog directory On our way to 1,000,000 rss feeds - millionrss.com

About This Blog

Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory
http://feeds.5z5.com/?2b2cc559f14c5d04

Lorem Ipsum

{literal}
    Logo